Sunday, October 12, 2008

the best movie ever!!


This has to be one of the best movies I've ever seen. Mr Tan Hong Ming took me on an impromptu date last Monday (never too late to post it now), part of which was seeing this movie. I even leaned over during the movie and told him it was the best movie I'd ever seen. Yes, it's cheesy at points. Yes, it had me crying and I was laughing so hard at other points. I fell in love with ABBA music back in high school when A*Teens came out and redid a lot of their songs and mimicked their style. My mom loved ABBA, so she and I share that. I've loved Amanda Seyfried since her role in Veronica Mars. I think she was a perfect cast for this (of cause, admittedly having never seen the stage production) Meryl Streep, Pierce Brosnan and Colin Firth were all wonderful too, and so was the rest of the cast. I have to say, I love this trend of putting musicals to the big screen. I know that some people are completely against it, but it's made me fall even further in love with Broadway shows. And now I've fallen in love with Mamma Mia. I swear, I need to go to New York (finally).

Seriously, I will warn you that this one does get a little cheesy and possibly even over the top at times...but come on, it's a musical. It's a comedy. It was absolutely wonderful. Also? I want to visit Greece...even more than when I watched Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. Incidentally, I also want to see the newest movie of that. But really, though the first one was GREAT, read the books, they're even better...same with the newest version of Pride and Prejudice (the one with Keira Knightley), read the book, it's AMAZING. Need I say more? La-di-da....oh hey, there's my train of thought come round to pick me up. Mamma Mia was amazing. I can't wait for it to come out on dvd. I'm rather disappointed that my A*Teens cd is at home (Johor house) and not in my cd case down here.

Final aside, I've been kind of MIA in the blog world recently. School has been crazy and I've barely been home. We're all gearing up for the final trimester exam which denotes of hoping for the best result among other sems since this will be the benchmark for following. But I'm slowly catching up on my blog reader and will try to get back to posting more regularly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey dancing queen, i know y u suke gila dis movie. sbb u kan minah joget =p mst tgh berangan2 die yg joget time tu =p tapi amanda seyfried tu ade mcm u la. never stop smiling =D

aj wen said...

hahahaa i kan smiling machine =D